Soft Tissue Surgery Services for Bemidji Pets
The veterinary field has many routine surgeries and procedures being performed on pets daily. However, at Bemidji Veterinary Hospital & Boarding Kennel, we never consider a surgery or procedure to be routine.
We handle the following common soft tissue procedures and surgeries:
- Spays and neuters – All pets that won’t be bred should undergo this procedure. No procedure can be taken lightly, though. It requires precision, skill, and cleanliness, all of which we ensure.
- Dewclaws – This procedure is essentially an amputation. Our veterinarians perform the procedure with that in mind. Dewclaws are only removed on new puppies up to 4 days old.
- Mass removals and lumpectomies – Before we can determine if your pet has cancer, we may need to remove tumors and other masses via surgery.
- C-sections – If the female is having difficulties during labor, sometimes a Caesarean section needs to be performed. We take special precautions with the mother and the newborn patients as well.
- Trauma or laceration repair – From stitching up a bite wound or laceration to handling a pet that got impaled on a foreign object, our staff is skilled and experienced in this type of care.
- GDV (gastric dilation volvulus) – This emergency commonly occurs in large breeds, deep chested dogs. Also known as “bloat” or twisted stomach, this is a serious condition that needs to be addressed urgently to reduce gastrointestinal complications or mortality.
- Ear hematoma – Trauma to the ear commonly comes from shaking of the head due to ear infections. It can cause blood vessels in the ear to rupture and the ear flap to fill with blood. Sometimes a drain is placed to relieve the buildup of blood and then maintained to prevent recurrence of the issue.
Our team is dedicated to getting your injured pet in as quickly as possible. Often within one week, for surgery. Call or visit for more information about these soft tissue surgical procedures.
Explore Our Complete List of Veterinary Services in Bemidji, MN
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Professional Dog Training Services
- Physical Rehabilitation
- Reproductive Services
- Internal Medicine
- End-of-Life Care
- Parasite Prevention
- Allergy Testing
- Pet Emergency
- Spay & Neuter
- Wellness Exams
- Dental Care
- Senior Wellness
Call us or schedule an appointment online.
Meet with a doctor for an initial exam.
Put a plan together for your pet.