Soft Tissue Surgery Services for Bemidji Pets
The veterinary field has many routine surgeries and procedures being performed on pets daily. However, at Bemidji Veterinary Hospital, we never consider a surgery or procedure to be routine.
We handle the following common soft tissue procedures and surgeries:
- Spays and neuters—All pets that won’t be bred should undergo this procedure. No procedure can be taken lightly, though. It requires precision, skill, and cleanliness, all of which we ensure.
- Declaws and tail dockings—These procedures are essentially amputations. Our veterinarians perform the procedure with that in mind.
- Mass removals and lumpectomies—Before we can determine if your pet has cancer, we may need to remove tumors and other masses via surgery.
- C-sections—If the female is having difficulties during labor, sometimes a Caesarean section needs to be performed. We take special precautions with the mother and the newborn patients as well.
- Trauma or laceration repair—From stitching up a bite wound or laceration to handling a pet that got impaled on a foreign object, our staff is skilled and experienced in this type of care.
- GDV (gastric dilatation volvulus)—This emergency commonly occurs in large breed, deep-chested dogs. Also known as “bloat” or twisted stomach, this is a serious condition that needs to be addressed urgently to reduce gastrointestinal complications or mortality.
- Ear hematoma—Trauma to the ear commonly comes from shaking of the head due to ear infections. It can cause blood vessels in the ear to rupture and the ear flap to fill with blood. Sometimes a drain is placed to relieve the buildup of blood and then maintained to prevent recurrence of the issue.
Call or visit for more information about these soft tissue surgical procedures.
Orthopedic Pet Health Care Services
Your pet’s health begins with healthy bones. They are the infrastructure of your pet’s body, while also pumping nutrients into his or her bloodstream. Bemidji Veterinary Hospital doctors handle a variety of orthopedic pet care issues.
Our doctors and the rest of the team are experienced care providers in orthopedic cases and surgical procedures, including:
- Fractures repairs
- Cruciate repairs
- Luxating patella repair
- Femoral head ostectomy
- Hip dysplasia
When you bring your pet in with a fracture, we take great care diagnosing the exact type and severity of the fracture. We can then decide which treatment option (casting, splinting, or performing surgery on the affected bone) is best to ensure optimal healing.
Explore Our Complete List of Veterinary Services in Bemidji, MN
Call us or schedule an appointment online.
Meet with a doctor for an initial exam.
Put a plan together for your pet.